Projects & Studies
commuter & travel
environment & Community
Projects Advanced Search
IS 0695 BALTIMORE BELTWAY SRI - OUTER LOOP - SOUTH OF US 40 TO MD 144
When will this impact me?
I-695, Baltimore Beltway
Location of Project:
SRI - OUTER LOOP - SOUTH OF US 40 TO MD 144
MD 144 TO SOUTH OF US 40 (OUTERLOOP)
SHA is reconstructing and widening the southbound lanes on I-695 (Baltimore Beltway Outer Loop) between south of Exit 15, US 40 (Baltimore National Pike) and Exit 13, MD 144 (Frederick Road). This widening will match the number of lanes on the I-695 Inner Loop in this location.
The construction project is 1.44 miles long on the Outer Loop.
The project includes:
- Widening of the I-695 Outer Loop roadway to provide four continuous through lanes with auxiliary lanes, and to for allow for an additional future managed lane.
- Replacement of the Edmondson Avenue (Exit 14) and Ingleside Avenue bridges over the I-695 Outer Loop.
- Construction of new retaining walls, new noise barriers and modifications to existing retaining walls and noise barriers.
- Realignment of the MD 144 interchange ramps tying to the I-695 Outer Loop (Exit 13).
- Replacement of curb and gutter and pavement repairs along Edmondson Avenue (Exit 14).
- Reconstruction of Ingleside Avenue immediately beneath I-695 to provide a closed roadway section (with curbs and gutters) and a closed drainage system.
- Reconstruction and realignment of approximately 200 feet of Forest Avenue where it connects with Edmondson Avenue near the interchange (Exit 14)
- Relocation of existing utilities.
- Reconstruction and upgrades to drainage, stormwater management, lighting, SHA telecommunications equipment and traffic signals to accommodate the Outer Loop widening.
- Landscaping within the project limits.
What is under study:
Unique Design Features:
Detailed Project Information:
Funded Year :
How much will this project cost?
Last Updated On : 4/4/2016
Maryland 511 System:
Maryland Safe Zones:
707 North Calvert Street Baltimore, Maryland 21202