Projects & Studies
commuter & travel
environment & Community
Projects Advanced Search
IS 0695 BALTIMORE BELTWAY SRI - OUTER LOOP - SOUTH OF US 40 TO MD 144
When will this impact me?
I-695, Baltimore Beltway
Location of Project:
SRI - OUTER LOOP - SOUTH OF US 40 TO MD 144
This project from US 40 to MD 144 will improve the mobility and safety on I-695 by widening the roadway to provide a fourth lane on the outer loop. This project will also accommodate for the ultimate configuration of this section of the beltway.
SHA is reconstructing and widening the southbound lanes on I-695 (Baltimore Beltway Outer Loop) between south of Exit 15, US 40 (Baltimore National Pike) and Exit 13, MD 144 (Frederick Road). The project is 1.44 miles long.
The four-year project includes:
- Widening of the I-695 Outer Loop roadway to provide four continuous through lanes with auxiliary lanes, and to for allow for an additional future managed lane. Once the construction work is complete, the Outer Loop and Inner Loop in this area will have the same number of lanes.
- Replacement of the Edmondson Avenue (Exit 14) and Ingleside Avenue bridges over the I-695 Outer Loop.
- Construction of new retaining walls, new noise barriers and modifications to existing retaining walls and noise barriers.
- Realignment of the MD 144 interchange ramps tying to the I-695 Outer Loop (Exit 13).
- Replacement of curb and gutter and pavement repairs along Edmondson Avenue (Exit 14).
- Reconstruction of Ingleside Avenue immediately beneath I-695 to provide a closed roadway section (with curbs and gutters) and a closed drainage system.
- Reconstruction and realignment of approximately 200 feet of Forest Avenue where it connects with Edmondson Avenue near the interchange (Exit 14)
- Relocation of existing utilities.
- Reconstruction and upgrades to drainage, stormwater management, lighting, SHA telecommunications equipment and traffic signals to accommodate the Outer Loop widening.
- Landscaping within the project limits.
The construction phase of the project began fall 2015. Weather and other construction factors permitting, the project will be complete summer 2019.
What Is Under Study:
Unique Design Features:
Detailed Project Information:
Funded Year :
How much will this project cost?
Last Updated On : 10/27/2016
Maryland 511 System:
Maryland Safe Zones:
707 North Calvert Street Baltimore, Maryland 21202